The playful colours and cute, feminine cuts at Jonathan Saunders Spring 2011 show made it one of the most fresh and youthful collections to hit the runway. Combining ’60s full skirts with sporty mesh panels and colour-popping accessories only added to the charm – as did the fresh yet bold beauty look.
MAC’s Lucia Pieroni described the look as “reminiscent of an Alan Jones painting… She’s got gorgeously glowing waxen skin and a Louboutin red lip that’s quite Newton-esque.”
Read on for more pictures and details of how to get the look.
For the eye:
- Blend MAC Texture Eye Shadow into the eye sockets using your fingers.
- Blend Vanilla Pigment under the brow bones and cheekbones.
- To create full rounded brows, use a 239 brush to apply Copperplate and Omega Eye Shadows.
The bold red lip is the stand-out part of the Jonathan Saunders look. To create it:
- Use MAC Cherry Lip Pencil to create a rounded lip that’s gently faded around the edges.
- Use MAC’s Ruby Woo Lipstick for a very matte red lip that’s intensified in the centre.
For the face, follow the MAC teams lead with a simple application of foundation where needed, and some loose powder dusted on the T zone.