All the clothes are gone. The elaborate stands are now being deconstructed. Buyers are now making their way down to Milan. Pitti Uomo is over. But before I say adieu, here are some final observations from the week.
1. Wearing a suit might seem ridiculous in 35+ degree weather, but a jacket is great at hiding the inevitable sweat patches.
2. The pompelmo (or grapefruit) juice at the press room is a godsend.
3. Seersucker is next Summer’s textile. I’ll bet you my double monks that it’s going to be everywhere.
4. Speaking of, I hardly saw double monks this week. What I did see were a lot of suede derbies, espadrilles, New Balances and canvas sneakers.
5. I have to buy a pair of clear framed sunglasses for Summer.
6. The magazine stand in the main exhibition building is seriously impressive. If you’re in the mood for even more inspiration, this was the place to find it.
7. If you don’t have a pair of white denim jeans, you’re doing it wrong.
8. Street style gods are nice, normal guys. Lino even offered Tania a ride to Milan.
9. A burst of floral print is a great way to cheer yourself up.
10. I’ve had a great time covering Pitti Uomo for you guys and I hope to be back again when it gets cold. Until then, thank you for reading and sticking through my heat-induced delirium. I’ll see you next time!