To compliment Amber & Thomas’ spring 2011 show at Australian fashion week, the hairstyles needed to be as relaxed and effortless as the clothing. The Redken team behind the scenes, according to hair director Todd Ardnt, went for “healthy, free-flowing, spirited hair”. This is the kind of easy-to-recreate, simple and natural look that you can put together any morning with minimal fuss. Find out how after the jump.
How-to create the look
- Blow dry a generous amount of mousse into towel-dried hair. The team at Amber & Thomas used Redken Full Effect 04 mousse to build volume into the hair and make it easier to work with.
- Section the hair into large pieces and using a curling tong, style the hair from mid-lengths to ends, leaving the roots smooth smooth.
- Allow the curls to cool before gently brushing them out so that a light wave emulates through the hair.
- Spray the hair with hairspray to keep its hold. The Redken team used Redken Fashion Work 12 hairspray.
- For a natural, glossy finish, the hair team at Amber & Thomas rubbed Redken Shine Flash 02 through the mid-lengths to ends of the hair.
With thanks to Redken for the tips.
You can view more backstage coverage from Amber & Thomas, photographed by Kelly Defina for Fashionising.com, by clicking on the thumbnails.