Dion Lee‘s Greco-Roman meets futuristic RAFW (Australian fashion week) show called for something a little different in the hair stakes. The ghd hair team created a look that was hard and sleek on top and soft and flowing on the sides; a mix not only perfect for the collection but for 2010’s hair trends in general.
Particular girls even had their crowns painted with plaster to create a cracked, ancient statue effect. While that may not be so practical for the street, the rest of the style certainly is. Read on to learn how to recreate the style according to the team at ghd.
How to get the look
- Using ghd Maximise Mousse, blow dry the hair back off the face, smoothing out with a round brush if needed.
- Taking a horseshoe section from temple to temple and to the crown, gel the hair back with a liberal amount of ghd Texture Lotion, combing it through with a wide tooth comb to create wave like rivets through the hair.
- Diffuse the hair until it’s completely dry and set with ghd Fixation Spray.
- Brush the sides back and spray in place with ghd Ultimate Spray.
- Using the ghd Styler, straighten and smooth the mid-lengths and ends, lightly curving the ends out to create movement.
- Finish with a light mist of ghd Reflection Spray.
Image courtesy ghd.
To see more of the Dion Lee Spring 2010 show, click on the gallery below.