Spotted at the 2016 Oscars Vanity Fair Party, the ever-stunning Emily Ratajkowski took on the red carpet looking radiant in a sexy black dress featuring a strapless bodice and a super-daring sheer skirt. To complement the sultriness of her look, celebrity hairstylist Christian Wood using Moroccan Oil went for loose, undone waves and a strong center part for an ultimate touch of rock & roll.
To recreate the cool, effortless hairstyle at home, read on and follow Christian Wood’s step-by-step instructions below:
How to: Emily Ratajkowski’s loose, undone waves:
1. For a smooth, frizz free foundation begin by prepping the hair with a transformative hair product much like the Moroccanoil Treatment.
2. To gift the strands with body, apply the Moroccanoil Beach Wave Mousse starting at the root and moving towards the tip. Roughly dry the hair with a blow dryer to amp up the texture and volume.
3. Next, part the hair down the middle using a tail comb. Proceed to create the waves using a ¾ inch curling iron and starting at the nape of the neck. For best results, wrap the hair around the barrel in medium size sections and hold for 10 seconds.
4. Once the hair is completely waved, flip it upside down and spray it with Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray. Use your fingers to break up the waves and create a sexy bed head feel.
5. Next, tease the crown with a tail comb to add a little extra height to the hair and mist the entire head with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray for long-lasting hold.
6. Finish off the look by misting the resulting hairstyle with a small amount of Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine. For the ultimate effortless touch, tuck the hair behind the ear on one side.
Want to keep up with fashion?
Once a week, we send out an update with the latest fashion trends, styles and collections.
Get yours direct in your inbox and keep ahead of fashion.