Gisele Bundchen! Forbes magazine recently ranked the top 10 richest supermodels, placing Gisele first after she starred in 20 campaigns in one year and was the star of Victoria’s Secret, earning $33 million.
Gisele before she quit Victoria’s Secret
Despite her affiliation with Victoria’s Secret ending recently, Gisele reportedly earned almost four times more than Kate Moss, who came in second with an annual income of $9 million.
Australian supermodel Gemma Ward was the youngest to make the top 10 list, at just 19 years old.
The interesting thing about the apparent demand of Gisele over Kate Moss, is that Kate has a much stronger ability to influence trends and move stock. While Gisele is in demand on the catwalk and in photographic campaigns, Kate Moss has greater influence power and yet, apparently, fails to top Gisele in the financial stakes.
So we’re left wondering, has Kate Moss priced herself out of the market given her fees for catwalk and campaigns are much higher than those of Gisele? Is it geographical? Or has the desire to use her been damaged by her age and association with Pete Doherty?
What are your thoughts?
Forbes Magazine’s Top 10 richest Supermodels
1. Gisele Bundchen, 26: $33 million
2. Kate Moss, 33: $9 million
3. Heidi Klum, 34: $8 million
4. Adriana Lima, 26: $6 million
5. Alessandra Ambrosio, 26: $6 million
6. Carolyn Murphy, 31: $5 million
7. Natalia Vodianova, 25: $4.5 million
8. Karolina Kurkova, 23: $3.5 million
9. Daria Werbowy, 22: $3.5 million
10. Gemma Ward, 19: $3 million