You might have a personal favourite model, but Forbes have a more concrete measure of success. As they regularly do, they’ve released the list of the world’s highest paid models. So who makes the cut?
The top 10:
- Gisele Bündchen @ IMG (age 31)
- Kate Moss @ IMG (age 38)
- Natalia Vodianova @ DNA (age 30)
- Adriana Lima @ Marilyn (age 31)
- Doutzen Kroes @ DNA (age 27)
- Alessandra Ambrosio @ DNA (age 31)
- Miranda Kerr @ IMG (age 29)
- Lara Stone @ IMG (age 28)
- Carolyn Murphy @ IMG (age 38)
- Candice Swanepoel @ IMG (age 23)
It’s always worth noting that it’s all about staying power when it comes to financial success as a model. Even the hottest of the hot models-of-the-moment walking every runway and appearing in every magazine rarely make the list. Instead it’s the ones who collect endorsement deals and campaigns and build long-term relationships that work their way into the top ten.
Candice Swanepoel is the youngest this time at 23. And, as has become somewhat customary, it’s the Victoria’s Secret contract girls (or ex-Angels in some cases) that dominate. Seems what VS touch really does turn to gold.