Update: the opening date of Melbourne’s first Topshop has been announced as December 8, 2011.
The details exclusively revealed by Fashionising.com in June about the coming of Topshop to Australia have now been confirmed by Topshop’s owner Sir Philip Green.
The announcement has confirmed the following details on the brand’s move into Australia;
- That Topshop will open in Australia in December 2011
- That both Topshop and Topman labels will be stocked in the country
- That the first store for Topshop in Melbourne will be on Chapel Street, in the space formally held by Borders within the Jam Factory
- That Topshop’s Melbourne store will stock both men’s and women’s fashion over 1,300 square metres
- That Topshop in Sydney will open in the former Gowings building