We loved Rodarte‘s take on the thigh high boots trend, as did many; but drooling over them and actually getting your hands on a pair are two different things. So here is a simple DIY way to create your own take on the Rodarte style, courtesy of Caroline and adapted slightly by us.
Rodarte boots; DIY boots by Caroline
- Grab yourself a pair of over the knee or thigh high boots.
- Caroline suggests buying sheets of faux leather by the meter; but we would even say that genuine leather off-cuts are a great idea, and would add a touch of quality and authenticity.
- Whether you choose faux or real, simply cut the leather in strips about 4cms wide and 150cms long.
- You can fold the strips in half, or fold both edges under, to make them neater.
- Then, wind one strip at a time around the boots. Caroline’s method is simply to tie regular knots and then cover over each knot with the next strip; but if you want a more permanent solution you could also try gluing or stitching them on.
For more over the knee boot inspiration, visit the gallery below.