Each month, hundreds (if not thousands) of fashion pictures compete for our attention. Some are edgy, succeeding to push the envelope a little further, be it in their photographic techniques, social context, or use of nudity. Some are expertly styled; some phenomenally photographed; and with some their strength lies in the models who are at their core. So which magazine photoshoots really stood out to us in 2009? In this edition of the Fashionising.com Insight, we look back on a year of fashion editorials and select our top 12 picks of the year.
To view the full galleries of shoots featured in our top 12 editorials podcast, click on the links below.
- January: Caroline Winberg in Elle Russia
- February: Lara Stone, Amanda Laine, Sigrid Agren, Edita Vilkeviciute & Constance Jablonski in W Magazine
- March: Natasha Poly in Vogue Russia and Lily Donaldson in Vogue UK
- April: Lily Donaldson in Vogue Paris
- May: Daria Werbowy in Vogue Paris
- June: Malgosia Bela in Vogue Italia and Missy Rayder in Numero
- July: Abbey Lee Kershaw in Vogue Nippon
- August: Catherine McNeil in Vogue Germany and Lily Donaldson in Vogue UK
- September: Flavia de Oliveira as Greta Garbo and Flavia de Oliveira as Catherine Deneuve both for Elle Spain
- October: Masha Novoselova for Vogue Spain
- November: Lara Stone in Vogue Italia
- December: Lady Gaga and Lily Cole in Vogue UK