With braids encircling the head like a halo, this mix of subtle champagne shimmer, false lashes and pink lips looks divinely doe-eyed and angelic. But it’s the kind of 2012 beauty look worth keeping up your sleeve: mix it up with some bouffant bed hair and it works just as well for creating that Brigitte Bardot youthful sex kitten look.
Deceptively natural, this is the kind of look that gives the effect of born beauty. But it’s also easy to create. Follow our step-by-step guide after the break.
- Using foundation to the ‘feature focus’ area of the face (the triangle of features – eyes, nose & lips) and blend well so it disappears into the jaw line. (Shev applied Napoleon Perdis Sheer Genius Foundation using Artist Foundation Brush 19b).
- Conceal dark circles with a concealer pen or stick. Apply to the under eye area to hide darkness/discoloration. Be sure to warm the concealer into the skin with your finger tip. On Lily, Shev used Napoleon’s Mighty Concealer Pen.
- Apply a touch of concealer across the entire eye lid from the lash line to the brow bone and set with a touch of primer (Shev used Mattifying Mineral Primer). This will create a base for your eye shadow.
- Lightly set the foundation across the ‘feature focus’ area of the face with primer.
- Using a contour brush, sweep a nude eyeshadow from lash line to brow bone.
- Apply a champagne metallic shadow onto the eye lid to create a subtle highlight. Napoleon Perdis Color Disc Skinny Dip and Color Disc Sparkling Bubbly were used to create the look on Lily.
- Define the top lash line using black liquid liner.
- Apply two coats of mascara to the top lashes and one coat to the lower lashes.
- Add some faux lashes to open and frame the eyes. Shev used Napoleon’s Faux Lash Gardenia.
- Comb the brows upwards and outwards with a clean mascara wand then define with eyebrow pencil.
- Set unruly brows in place with a clear mascara.
- With a powder brush, apply a contouring powder underneath the cheekbone.
- Apply blush to the apples of the cheek, adding a subtle hint of bronze. (Shev used Chisel Blush Brush 22b to apply Napoleon Perdis Cheek To Chic Blush Duo #4.)
- Highlight the top of cheekbones with a shimmer highlight such as Napoleon’s Mosaic Gleamer.
- Using a lip brush, coat the lips with a soft pink lipsick. To complete Lily’s look, Shev used Napoleon Perdis DeVine Goddess Lipstick SMP.
More beauty guides
For more makeup how tos and tutorials visit our beauty trends guide at that link.