From pretty little dress numbers to mannish suits and flashy furs, resort-wear is an open-ended, year-round affair that picks-up and elaborates on the existing themes, or, as it’s the case here, sees the emergence of brand new trends that you can invest in and start wearing right now.
Blush notes, rainbow colours, pink suits, cool, oversized ruffles, off-the-shoulder silhouettes, all these plus more fresh directions are now than ready to give you a generous peak into 2016.
Discover the 9 emerging trends from the resort 2016 collections, at the gallery.
At the gallery, clockwise from left:
01. Pink suiting at Bottega Veneta, Rocksanda (backdrop), Edun and Ports 1961, Resort ’16.
02. Cool ruffles at Erdem, Ellery, Rosie Assoulin, DKNY and Maticevsky, Resort ’16.
03. Blush notes at Jason Wu, Elie Saab and Versace, Resort ’16.
04. Black & white nautical at Marissa Webb, Thakoon and Preen, Resort ’16.
05. Rainbow colours at Cushnie et Ochs, Red Valentino, Sonya Rykiel and J.W.Anderson, Resort ’16.
06. Flirty pleats at Oscar de la Renta, Michael Kors and Edun, Resort ’16.
07. Cropped flares at Jill Stuart, Michael Kors and Theory, Resort ’16.
08. Off-the-shoulder at Christopher Kane, Jonathan Simkhai and Camilla & Marc, Resort ’16.
09. Flashy furs at Fendi, Burberry Prorsum and Michael Kors, Resort ’16.
For more visual inspiration check out our Pinterest boards at pinterest.com/fashionising.
Want to keep up with fashion?
Once a week, we send out an update with the latest fashion trends, styles and collections.
Get yours direct in your inbox and keep ahead of fashion.